About Us

Welcome to Team Azure's blog. This is where us 5 different authors talk about our various deck concepts, deck ideas, card opinions, strategy articles, tournament reports, and piles of randomness. We're situated in Singapore, Ang Mo Kio. Hope you enjoy your stay, and have a great day~

Duelist Showdown June 13th

Deck Used: Black Feather

3-Round Swiss

Match 1: Lauren VS Jonas (Not The Jurong Player) OO

BYE

Match 2: Lauren VS Zack (Quickdraw Plants) OXO

Game 1: He had a bad hand with 3 Raigeki Breaks, so I just attack him with my Black Feathers.
Game 2: Drew 2 D.D. Crows, but there was no use for them and I got beaten by Tytannial.
Game 3: Drew 2 D.D Crows again, but this time I used one of them to RFP his Dandylion and the other to stop his Pot Of Avarice.


Top 16 Single Elimination

Match 3: Lauren VS Justin (Twilight Beat) XOO - The guy who won the Duel Disk.
Game 1: I Icarus Attack into his Starlight Road and it went downhill from there.
Game 2: Summoned Sirroco and destroyed his Raiou and Shura with it, with Icarus attack backing me up.
Game 3: I used Heavy Storm while I had a face-up Royal Oppression and he tried to counter with Starlight Road but he did'nt know that Royal Oppression can negate Starlight Road.


Top 8 Single Elimination

Match 4: Lauren VS Jeric (BF) XOO
Game 1: I can't remember how he won.
Game 2: I can't remember what happened here too.
Game 3: I controlled him with Raiou and won.

Top 4 Single Elimination


Match 5: Lauren VS Chard (Only Richard's Gun without TRISHULA) XOX
Game 1: He did the Asia Format Infernity OTK on me.
Game 2: I controlled him with Raiou.
Game 3: He went first and tried setting up by using up all his cards, He ended up with quite a strong field of Synchro Monsters including Stardust Dragon. There was nothing I could really do, so I summoned Shura and attacked into his Gaia, Force Of The Earth with Book Of Moon, searched out Gale and Synchro Summoned Armor Master . Suprisingly the Armor Master saved me for a turn, and when it died to his Infernity Death Dragon he summoned next turn, I topdecked into Dark Armed Dragon with 3 Dark Monsters in my Graveyard (Shura, Gale and Armor Master), destroyed his Stardust Dragon by attacking with Dark Armed Dragon and proceeded to destroy his other 3 Monster Cards with Dark Armed Dragon's Effect, I also summon Raiou to control him further. Next turn he top decked Infernity Necromancer, reviving his Infernity Death Dragon and destroying my Dark Armed Dragon with its Effect. I could not do much with my whole hand of monsters and died.

Notes: Infernity is still very strong even without Trishula.

Battle for 3rd Place: Lauren VS Baha 
We decided to share the Yusei Duelist Pack 2 Box, we randomly picked 2 foils each from the box, He got Junk Archer and another card, while I get Scrubbed Raid and the other Trap Card. I took 6 of the other packs while he took 5.

The eventual winner for this tournament was Chard who won Starsky in the Finals.

So I playtested a little after the tourney, and rushed home to send Konami an email on the changes in my deck (Finally decided the last 3 cards to put in my side deck thanks to Chard lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment